Pages

Sunday, October 4, 2015

First Year Reflections

One year ago today I returned from the FAEA conference in Daytona Beach. The very next day October 5th I posted my very first blog entry! In the past year I've written 77 posts and, as of this moment, have had 20,895 page views. I gotta say I'm pretty happy with those statistics.
My blog looked very different a year ago. I have learned a lot since then. I believe I have also covered many different topics over the past year. From professional development: in Santa Fe, at Penn State and online with The Art of Education to getting free stuff in the form of grants or just getting lucky!  


 I have written about using recycles to make art here, and here. 
The FAEA conference takes place starting on Thursday, October 8th. I will be presenting a workshop on using museum activities in the art room. Which I wrote about in this post and this post.
Attention Florida Educators: There is still available space! It is on Thursday morning and it's titled Look! Listen! And Learn! AND I have some amazing goodies to give out! A big THANK YOU to Faber-Castell and The Art of Ed for their donations.

I will also be doing a presentation on blogging on Friday, October 9, titled Born to Blog. It is similar to the one that I was a part of in New Orleans at the NAEA conference. Details here!

My blog is intended to INSPIRE! While many of my projects have been ones I came up with on my own-there are SO many wonderful art teachers out there that blog and inspire. The project that I am doing with my 3rd, 4th & 5th graders are one of those projects.
 We are exploring how to show movement with lines. We also had a discussion on craftsmanship.

I originally found the lesson on Pinterest but then managed to track down the directions with some wonderful visuals THANKS to Art with Mr. E. Check it out!

Thank you to all of you reading this.  I hope you will all agree it's been a great first year!

If you enjoy reading my blog, please consider following me or joining my Google circle. Thanks!




No comments:

Post a Comment