Pages

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Carousel of Bloggers


Elementary Carousel of Learning: Teacher Art Blogs- WOW! It was a blast!
From left to right is Laura Lohmann of Painted Paper, Phyllis Brown Levine of There's a Dragon in my Art Room, Cassie Stephens of What the Art Teacher Wore, Jen Dahl of Jen Dahl's Art Room and me, Sheryl Depp.

 The room was set up with tables, with a different blogger at each table. The way it worked was similar to speed dating. You would enter the room, choose a table to sit at, listen to a short presentation and then move on to the next table.


By the end of the session you had the opportunity to meet and learn something different from each of us. Since I was so busy talking, I didn't get to listen and learn from all the other bloggers in the room.

But I believe Phyllis spoke about navigating around the tabs of your blog. Cassie spoke about finding your passion and then writing about it. Jen got into the technology of setting it up and I went into my thought process on how I got started.



The event was overwhelmingly  successful and was attended by other established bloggers. I got to meet Nic Hahn from Mini Matisse. She has me linked on her blog AND as soon as I figure that out, I will be making a list of bloggers for you all to check out!
 
This wonderful event was coordinated and hosted by Nancy Walkup editor of School Arts Magazine.

AND later that same day...............

The Art of Education had a Blogger Meet Up! AMAZING!!

I am feeling incredibly inspired by all the wonderful people I met during the 2015 NAEA conference.

OH AND I ALSO GOT TO MEET THE "SELFIE" LADY!!!
 Last November, my blog was inspired by a video from The Art of Ed summer conference on Selfies.

What person has inspired you?

Now I'm gonna get some rest, so that I can get back into the real world and return to work tomorrow!!

Thanks for reading!!!










5 comments:

  1. It was fun to meet you. I can tell you love what you are doing and it's so nice that you are willing to share it with us. -Nic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was wonderful to meet you as well. Hope to see you next year! Take care and keep blogging!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the inspiration. http://minimatisse.blogspot.com/2015/04/naea-15-elementary-blog-carousel.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the inspiration. http://minimatisse.blogspot.com/2015/04/naea-15-elementary-blog-carousel.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! Thank you for inspiring me as well!!

      Delete