Pages

Sunday, October 8, 2017

One and Done

I know this may be hard to believe, but on occasion I really, seriously think the recycles that I collect take over the art room........

Sooooo when that happens I decide to fill the 2 back tables with lots and lots of cool stuff to make art with. I accumulated the trays in the above photo, leftover from the inside of laptop boxes. I do a Story in a Box lesson with the boxes, click here for details.

I did this with my second graders. By the end of the week the students who came in couldn't wait to start. After all, they saw their friends leaving art with the finished trays.




I did a really simple quick intro to the lesson. I told them it was a One and Done. Which means you have ONLY that art class to work on it. I asked them, what they thought they could make with the trays? I suggested designing a playground. But anything would be fine.



I cautioned about using too much glue....... I tried, that counts? Right?


Anyway, I really loved hearing all about what they made AND seeing just how engaged they were in the lesson. I may have even mentioned that they were making assemblages. 'Cause you gotta keep up the vocabulary!

Now the exception to the One and Done was my grandson, since I'm his ride and he has extra time at school to do art. I love how involved his turned out.
There's a basketball court and a pool and a whole bunch of fun outdoor things to do on his tray. My daughter will be thrilled.......

I am gearing up for the Florida Art Educators conference in St. Pete on Oct. 19-22. I will be presenting a free session on grant writing titled Grant-tastic. And a paid workshop on using stories to start your art lessons. (This one is filled up).

I am also running for Elementary Division Director, voting is until Friday, October 20 at 3pm. Both myself and the other candidate are good choices for the position.

The theme for the gala at conference is "What is your Super Power?" This will actually be the first time for me to attend the gala........ and let's just say I'm making my outfit using recycles!

Enjoy! And thanks for reading!!









No comments:

Post a Comment