Pages

Monday, March 19, 2018

Dragon in a Box/Cave


 What do you do when you have a bunch of boxes that you want to get rid of?? 
Well, I come up with an art project to use them with.


This lesson came together 20 minutes before the class showed up. I knew I wanted to do a lesson from this book I have by Denise M. Logan. Check it out on Amazon here.


So naturally I changed it out. I googled how to draw dragons and printed out a few different ones for students to choose from. The history behind dragons is pretty fascinating. Apparently they differ according to country of origin. I also decided we would use the empty boxes I had from the new laptops, which really aren't that new anymore...  AND I had these 3D O's to pop out the dragons with.

 
 First they drew their dragons and then they drew the stalactites and stalagmites for 
above and below their cave.
Then they cut it all out.

And assembled their project.


I did this with my 4th graders, however I have some second graders begging to make them....
Students had the choice of colored pencils or markers and worked on 12x18" white drawing paper.






LOVE THEM!
Figures, just when you come up with a project you love, to use up all your boxes 
you wish you had more of them!!
(I'm not really worried, I'm connected!)

Leaving in the morning for Seattle to attend the NAEA Conference! 
If you see me please say Hello!

Thanks for Reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment