Pages

Sunday, May 21, 2017

Designing an Alphabet Letter

The photo above is what inspired me to do a lesson on designing an alphabet letter.  Click here to see another way I used the Alphabet in Art. After receiving the picture from my daughter for my birthday I just had to have the set of magnets to use to inspire my students.



I also had to have this book! Click here for buying info.
I bought some alphabet tracers, shared the above book. And also had students do a planning sheet. In each class, each student was given a different letter to do so that I could eventually do a full alphabet. I tried to match letters to their names and sometimes just had them choose the letter.
Students were encouraged to use markers, colored pencils or crayons.

Check them out:





















I think over the summer I will put together a Shutterfly book with the letters to share with students and their parents at events like back to school night.

This was a fun lesson for students as they really had the freedom to go in many different directions!

Thanks for reading and for sharing my blog, last week I officially had over 100,000 page views of my blog.













No comments:

Post a Comment