Pages

Sunday, August 19, 2018

Creativity in a Can

I am on the Teacher Advisory Committee for Faber-Castell. A few years back I received an email that asked if I was planning to attend the NAEA conference. And would I be interested in attending a meeting with other art teachers to give some feedback on products that I use with my art classes. As a "thank you" for sharing with them I would receive FREE merchandise! Totally worth my time! The people that work for this company are the very sweetest people and quite generous with getting their fabulous product out there. 
Last school year I was sent a class box of their Creativity in a Can. I decided to share this with an intermediate class that earned the most Depp $ for the year. (Depp $ are part of my reward system for good behavior and correct answers. They can use the $ to shop from the treasure chest.)

Each student in the 4th grade class received a can. Check out all the cool supplies that were inside! There was even a small tube of glue included. I put out scissors, crayons and extra glue for them. The directions were to have fun and use your imagination. There is no right or wrong way to be creative.

The students had a blast! They totally enjoyed the freedom to create from all the different items included in the can. Being in a Title One school doesn't always allow for such a variety of materials.



I really enjoyed watching them get creative and work to figure out how and what they would do with their cans and all the little goodies inside.

Unfortunately this runs a bit on the expensive side for my budget but I can see this being a great product for small groups such as children who are home schooled, scout troops, church groups or daycare. Cans can be shared for collaborative projects. There can be friendly competitions.

There are many possibilities for some creative thinking outside the can with this product from Faber-Castell!   

Thanks for Reading!



 





No comments:

Post a Comment