Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2018

Paper Mosaics

 My storyboard.

With the end of the school in sight it's time to start cleaning up. This is a super project for all those scraps of paper we tend to save (or hoard).

I believe I found this project on Pinterest a few years back.
Some of my samples on the board.

Week 1
I started off the lesson with this power point from Mrs. Brown's Art (you will download the pp if you click on Mrs. Brown's) that I found on the internet.

Using my document camera I followed up the power point by modelling how I expected them to use the colored strips of paper to make designs. Also how we should use just a dot of glue.......

 They ALL went on the drying rack when they were done..... Some of them more gluey than others...

Week 2
I started off by sharing the book Planting a Rainbow by Lois Ehlert

 I did  step by step modelling with how to draw flowers and how to use the markers. They had inspiration sheets of flower drawings to look at.



I think they came out really sweet.


Students did their mosaic design on 9x4" black paper, then glued the black paper to 6x18" white paper and they used markers for the flowers.

What projects do you use leftover scrap paper for?
Thanks for reading!












No comments:

Post a Comment