Pages

Sunday, December 10, 2017

Triangle Card Challenge


This is a really fun last minute holiday activity to do with your students. I may have been inspired by a Santa that I came across that was painted onto a triangle. I started to wonder what else could be made with a triangle?


Students were given triangle tracers that were 2" along the bottom and 4" on each side. They got white 6"x 9" drawing paper (paper should be folded in half, like a book) and a choice of markers and colored pencils.


An intro to the lesson was a discussion about the greeting card industry.  What kind of occasion would you give someone a card? Who designs that card? Did you know artists get paid to illustrate cards? Where upon one student wanted to know if he was getting paid for his card today.........


I showed students the different ideas I had for using the triangle to make a card. They could use my ideas but they needed to add to it. AND of course they could come up with something on their own.

 I can't believe I didn't think of an elf........

 Love the snow coming down in this one.


This student ended up adding some Christmas things to his dinosaur, but I got too busy to take another photo. It did make me think the triangle challenge could be just about anything and not just the winter holidays.

IMPORTANT UPDATE!!
Came across an address on Facebook to send to recovering soldiers at Walter Reed Medical Center and decided students could do one card they keep and one card for me to send out. They ended up writing some beautiful sentiments inside the cards. Turns out the address was incorrect. Contact your local V.A. to find out the procedure to send them cards. Thank You Tammy!!


I've got 2 weeks until break and the students are beyond excited for the upcoming holidays!
Let's hang tight, we can make it!

Thanks for Reading!






No comments:

Post a Comment