Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2016

The Art of Birthday Parties


 When attending my granddaughter's 1st birthday recently, I was talking to one of my son-in-law's cousins. She was commenting on how her daughter's school no longer has ART OR MUSIC. Her daughter attends school in the district I live in, which has different priorities. Very sad..... So I then commented that if you look around this room, at everything involved in making this party-an ARTIST had something to do with it! That is why art is so very important- 
it is EVERYWHERE!

So for those of us who tell students if it wasn't for artists we would all be living naked in the woods, and I know many of us say something like that.....We can now relate the importance of art to having the PERFECT kid's party! Something EVERY child should understand.

So from the graphic artists who design invitations (which I pulled off the internet)..........

TO the cake decorators that design the birthday cakes or make cupcakes..........

 Let's look at the Art of Birthday Parties!
 Party guests arrive and there are banners...  (those below are from my granddaughters' parties)


Games to play.... (my daughter, a math coach made the games for her son's party)

 A bounce house.....

Centerpieces and favors to look at or have fun with.....




AND LET'S NOT FORGET THE FOOD and the CULINARY artists who make the food look like fun ........





The food above was made by my daughter and inspired by photos on Pinterest. Sorry I have no idea who to credit with the original creations-however, I believe my daughter NAILED it!

Let's not forget themed shirts, again designed by graphic artists..........


Costumes, thank you dress designers.........






And let's not forget the photographers who record these precious moments for all time!


There were many different art careers noted in this post which really just goes to show how IMPORTANT the ARTS really are. I'm not going to say any of them will make you rich, I just happen to believe in letting someone's passion inspired their future happiness.

I cannot take photo credit for any of the photos used in this post. There is one professional photo used above (thank you Kim Potts-Glass from E.K.G. Photography), the rest I believe were mostly taken by the wonderful mothers of my grand children.....
BTW Happy Mother's Day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment